Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sit Down! Now stay that way.

Today was better than before. I've been working with her at home on staying down even after I say "good girl" because she needs to wait for "ok" or a new command. We also milled around at brigands for a while and worked on holding a down while I circle around her. That was very difficult for the little mutt.

Still, I think that extra work paid off, she had several rounds of sitting and staying until I asked her to walk. She also did OK sitting back down after she had gotten up without authorization. It was still a frustrating session because more often than not she decides that I don't really truly want her to sit in the first place, or hold it after she sits.

She also chased the sheep quite a bit in the beginning. Splitting off our sheep went terribly today. We wound up with just two sheep. They were displeased to be away from their buddies. I'm going to have to re-think our shedding policy because I think it starts us out on the wrong foot. Maybe a gate sort sans dog would be the way to go. They're happy to run out to the grassy area without any dog assistance. I'll have to try that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment