Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sprinwater Trail

Kola and I ran all the way out to the springwater trail. We stopped briefly at the creek. Kola tried to get as close to the middle of the creek without getting her little paws too wet. She looked like a proper Labrador standing there in the stream with her nose in the air sampling the breeze. We went about a mile on the trail and then headed back. According to google maps it looks like we went a little over 4 miles.
We made a pit stop at the dog park for a little water and so that I could verify that she was tired. I was a little annoyed to see her running after the other dog as though I had just taken her out of the house a few minutes ago. Then there was a break in the action and she plopped down in the mud to pant. So I declared her just about done for the morning and we biked back home. (At a pretty good pace, just in case there was a little extra energy that needed to be squeezed out of her.)

I'm very pleased with her. We biked past cats, dogs, birds, (even a chicken!) and she was great. We had a few incidents were she lost focus and just had to smell something but mostly she just ran happily alongside me, sniffing the air. Soon I think it will be time for her first hike at powel bute state park.

No comments:

Post a Comment