Thursday, February 5, 2009

The night club

I took Kola out to brentwood park with her new shiny flashy psychedelic collar. As we approached the park I saw lots of flashing lights zooming around. It was a bunch of black dogs, of course; and their owners were all standing around on top of a hill. I asked if I could join the party, the said yes, and I let Kola off her leash. So Kola got to run around outside of the fenced yard, very much enjoying the grass and the trees and the other dogs. This is all quite illegal, and the other party goers were keeping an eye on a police car in the distance. As a group we did some walking around and the pack followed along with us. One of the men there was the proud owner of a purebred Labrador trained to compete in field trials. He told me about how it worked and about his dogs lineage, which was interesting. It was especially interesting to observe how little labrador behavior Kola has in her.

I'm really looking forward to her herding lessons on saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment