Sunday, March 28, 2010

And now for something completely different

Agility!

I've been saying from day one that Jesse and Kola should do agility together. So I signed Kola up for agility class. At present I'm taking the class with Kola and Jesse is observing. I think I might phase myself out and phase Jesse in. The class is with Chris Primmer and its at Brigand's hideout. Last week we worked on "leave it" "touch" "spin right" "spin left." The "touch" command right now means, "eat the treat on the plastic disk." I'm thinking that the idea is to keep the dog from coming over to the handler for re-enforcement and instead going to a target for the reward. That way in the middle of a course you don't trip over your own dog coming to see you for treats. We also did a little bit of low jumping.

Jesse is much better at directing Kola over the jumps so I filmed him doing it instead of me.
This first video is the two jumps together to form a spread jump.


This second video is two jumps in a row with a treat in between.



Tomorrow we will learn weave poles. Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment